We will be attending two major travel fairs before the winter is over.
It’s been a great ride this year, and it will be an even better one in 2016.
All of us at Cabforce wish you a Happy New Year! May 2016 be filled with happiness, prosperity and lots of great rides.
We would like to thank you for all the loyalty and support and invite you to look back at 2015 together with us!
Global professional car service Blacklane is now fully available in Cabforce. This makes it possible to book Blacklane services in Cabforce taxi and airport transfer booking platform.
With the service being available in 50 countries and 400 airports, Blacklane is an excellent addition to the Cabforce network of service providers. As a high-quality service provider operating close to taxi rates, Blacklane is recognised worldwide by supreme service and customer satisfaction levels.
“Collaboration with Blacklane brings to Cabforce both new destinations and new ride options via inclusion of Blacklane’s extended geography reach and service portfolio. For example, a whole bunch of new destinations in the USA and Canada have now been added to our map via Blacklane. For Blacklane this cooperation means the exploration of new distribution opportunities and the distribution potential,” commented Juha Nieminen, Chief Content Officer at Cabforce.
The Blacklane service is available for all distribution channels of Cabforce, such as Cabforce supported GDS tools (Amadeus Selling Platform™ and Travelport Smartpoint™), self-booking tools (Amadeus e-Travel Management™ and soon to be launched KDS Neo™), white label booking engines and custom API solutions. In addition, the global content of Blacklane is distributed through CarTrawler partner channels.
“Travelers demand ground transportation choices based on the purpose of the trip, destination, budget and desired experience but they are not willing to compromise safety, quality, reliability and price transparency,” said Jens Wohltorf, CEO and co-founder of Blacklane. “We are excited for Blacklane’s services to now be distributed to even more customers.”
Working as a Chief Product Officer at Cabforce, I spend a lot of time on the road and get to see many new places. I enjoy this – but only to a certain extent. While exploring new destinations around the world is truly exciting, some realities of traveling are really a nuisance. I like the buzz at the airports, but the security control queues are a nightmare. And the airports are full of other things that take your time and energy away!
My ambition is to make international travelling easier, less time consuming and just generally more convenient – that’s why I like our product so much :). I wanted to share with you some highlights of Cabforce service.
- When I book my flights and hotels, I can get the airport transfers from the same system, directly linked to my itinerary. I save time, because I don’t need to find my flight numbers or enter passenger details again later. My payment details are stored too, so it’s really just a few clicks to book.
- When arriving to the airport with my pre-booked and pre-paid taxi, I don’t need to spend time in the rush of the drop-off zone waiting for the taxi driver to process my credit card payment. It’s just stop and go!
- When landing to the airport, the driver is there waiting for me. I don’t have to search for a taxi rank, queue or try to find a taxi that accepts credit cards and understands where I’m heading.
- Eventually the travel expenses accumulate and I need to file my expense report. This is where “I like Cabforce” turns into “I love Cabforce”. That’s because they were all included in our travel agency payments, and I never need to spend a single second sorting out unclear receipts or wondering how much money I’m losing with the receipts I did not save. For the companies preferring to use individual credit cards, Cabforce is still better than a normal taxi. The receipt is electronic and in your local currency. Simple.
Upgrade your travel experience by giving Cabforce a try next time – request Cabforce from your travel agency or book a ride from www.cabforce.com.
In the upcoming fall and winter months Cabforce will be attending a number of different conferences, trade shows and events. We look forward to seeing you there!SCHEDULE A MEETING
GBTA Southern Africa Conference 2015
Reserve time for a meeting or join us for a discussion on the future of ground transport. Andreas, Cabforce CEO, will be participating in a panel discussion “Future of car rental / ground transportation” on Thursday, the second day of the conference.
October 21 @ 8:00 am – October 22 @ 4:00 pm
Protea Hotel Fire and Ice Menlyn
Johannesburg, South Africa
Eye for Travel – The Connected Traveller 2015
We invite you to join us at The Connected Traveller 2015 in London, UK, where Tommi, our Chief Product Officer, is among the top speakers at the event and will be sharing his knowledge and expertise in the Customer Journey Series during the Stage 2a panel discussion of the first event day.
October 22 @ 9:00 am – October 23 @ 5:00 pm
Grange Tower Bridge
London, United Kingdom
GBTA Conference 2015 | Frankfurt
We will be happy to reserve time for meeting you or talk to you at our booth (number 36).
November 9 @ 10:00 am – November 11 @ 1:00 pm
The Phocuswright Conference 2015
Looking forward to seeing you in USA – schedule a meeting with us in advance!
November 16 @ 2:30 pm – November 19 @ 3:00 pm
Diplomat Resort and Spa
Hollywood, FL United States
Matka 2016 | Nordic Travel Fair
We will be happy to reserve time for meeting you!
January 21, 2016 @ 9:00 am – January 24, 2016 @ 6:00 pm
Messukeskus, Expo & Convention Centre Helsinki
Business Travel Show 2016
Schedule a meeting in advance or visit our booth at the Europe’s largest specialised exhibition and conference for buyers and managers of business travel.
February 24, 2016 @ 2:00 pm – February 25, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
London, United Kingdom
And yet we are announcing one more addition to our great team: Nicolas Aubry has joined us couple of weeks ago as a Senior Software Architect. We went on to have a short discussion with Nicolas during the coffee break.
Hi Nicolas, how is it going so far?
– Hi Veronika! It is going very well and I am excited about joining Cabforce.
Could you tell me a little bit about yourself?
– I’m originally from Normandy, France and I’ve been living in Finland for quite some time now. My free time – when not playing with my kids – is mostly filled with watching movies, reading books and cooking. I also enjoy playing basketball and tennis, as well as following-up football and rugby matches with friends!
Cool! Nicolas, could you give some overview about your experience?
– I’m a software architect with over 15 years of experience in software industry. Prior to Cabforce I’ve been working at Siili Solutions as a Solution Architect. I have strong expertise in end-to-end systems design and have been working for a wide scope of customers (telecomms & media, web & mobile banking, energy industry, sports & fitness technologies, Internet of Things).
What are you passionate about from a professional perspective?
– Being passionate about architecture design, I am always looking for the best combination of simplicity, performance, scalability and durability. At the moment my favourite, but at the same time non-exclusive, toolbox includes stuff like Scala, NoSQL databases, Event Sourcing and CQRS patterns.
What would be your personal objective in Cabforce?
– From a software perspective, the travel business domain is a lot about integration. By joining Cabforce, I’m aiming at bringing fresh ideas and solutions based on modern and innovative technologies. My objective is to make Cabforce known not only for its innovative business model, but also for its reliable service and for the quality of its software.
We are looking forward to the busy autumn time filled with exciting travel industry events and happenings. While we are working on our trade show calendar, we want to share one announcement that you certainly do not want to miss: this October Tommi, Cabforce Chief Product Officer, is among the top speakers at The Connected Traveller 2015 in London, UK.
The event will attract the leading digital pioneers of the travel industry to discuss innovations, importance of data and partnerships and many other topical subjects. EyeforTravel’s Connected Traveller 2015 will consolidate valuable knowledge from the savviest industry experts at one place for two consecutive days. We are excited to have Tommi among key industry decision-makers in the journey of revolutionising the world ground transportation and car travel experience together with other pioneers.
Tommi will be sharing his knowledge and expertise in the Customer Journey Series during the first event day. He will focus on explaining the importance of partnerships for Cabforce distribution strategy and the role of cooperation. We invite you to come and join Tommi and other panel participants during the Stage 2a (On the ground: OEMs, Car Rental and Taxi and P2P Car providers come together to deliver seamless travel experience) to learn about essentials of building unique passenger travel experience!
Prior to joining Cabforce, Tiina was working for Amadeus Finland, where she held various positions in customer service, customer support, training and product consultancy. With over 15 years of experience in travel industry, Tiina will now become part of our sales and partner management team.
In this newly created role Tiina focus on sales and delivery support for our agency partners.
“Before joining Cabforce, I have already been familiar with the Cabforce concept. I am excited to now be part of Cabforce team,” – Tiina explains. “What drives me is people and collaboration. I enjoy helping customers to find the solution that would serve their needs the best. I think that Cabforce is exactly the kind of solution, which does not only optimise taxi and transfer booking process in a travel agency, but also opens new revenue opportunities,” – she adds.
Tuukka Ylälahti, co-founder credited with the founding vision for Cabforce departs the company.
Tuukka Ylälahti, co-founder credited with the founding vision for Cabforce departs the company.
Speaking in Helsinki, Finland, Tuukka commented his departure:
“I started the concept design for the a global taxi solution that was to become Cabforce three years before the company was founded. Nearly a decade later with the successful acquisition by CarTrawler I feel my work as a start-up co-founder has been completed”.
“I created the original vision about a global taxi service with algorithm based pricing, upfront credit card payment and easy expense management. I also forged the founding team by connecting Andreas Hansson and Tommi Holmgren. Together we brought the vision alive and found a real and tangible market for it: the travel industry. At that time, Nokia Symbian apps were all the rage, iPhone hadn’t made a splash yet and taxis as a business was about as sexy as a pair of old socks. So It took some convincing to pitch them the idea that a global taxi service would be awesome — but then combining forces and deploying the idea full force to the travel industry, thats exactly what it has become!”
“This has been an amazing ride. Our three man start-up on a bootstrap became the world’s leading pre-booking platform with over 200 locations in more than 50 countries on six continents in only five years. In that time, we persevered just about every trial and tribulation a start-up can face. For me, the acquisition of the company is the ultimate triumph and the right time to move on. I’m a start-up entrepreneur and I want to keep on doing what I’m best at: starting new things.”
Speaking in Espoo, Finland, CEO Andreas Hansson made the following statement:
“When Tuukka first approached me with the idea of creating a global taxi service, I first had my doubts. But it was bold enough and when us coming together, Tuukka, Tommi and myself, combining the the taxi concept with the right product and travel industry experience and fierce execution power, I knew we were on to something. I am very happy with how everything has turned out and I wish him all the best with his new ventures.”
Tommi and Andreas will continue full speed driving Cabforce into its next chapter as part of the CarTrawler group.
Did you know that Cabforce now operates in 54 countries around the globe? We have service in 205 locations and counting. Check out our latest coverage additions!
Lille & Nantes, France
We now have Best Value options available in Almaty with Almaty International Airport transfers starting at €27 and transfers within the city starting at €20.
Our prices got even better as well! Announcing price drops available in some of our popular destinations.
Charles De Gaulle Airport transfers now start at €49! Traveling to Paris with a group? Minibus transfers now start at €80!
Vienna International Airport transfers now start at €52 with Minibus option starting at €63!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Prices listed are examples only at the time of writing this article, and are subject to availability.